Copywriter with 8+ years of experience in multimedia content production and strategy, and 4+ years of direct experience in marketing.
I believe that clear and compelling communication is pivotal to the success of any business or organization. It’s my goal to tell stories and convey information in a way that connects companies and organizations to their audience and increases their exposure. Whether you’re describing a product, highlighting an event, or profiling a person, good storytelling is about building a relationship between the audience and subject.
BA in English Communication | Fort Lewis College 2012-2015
Graduated in December, 2015 with honors after presenting my thesis paper on journalism ethics and media literacy.
- Skilled Copywriter and Copy Editor
- Versatile Content Producer
- Results Oriented Strategist
- Detailed Storyteller
- Thorough Presenter
- Diplomatic at Public Relations
- Self Motivated
- Creative Thinker
- Deeply Curious Lifelong Learner
- Resourceful Problem Solver
- Eager Collaborator
Experience & Achievements
Copywriter at Osprey Packs | May 2021 – Present
As a full-time staff copywriter for Osprey Packs, I am the voice of the brand. From detailed product copy and technical writing to monthly DTC campaigns, I contribute results-oriented marketing copy to support our own online sales as well as our partnered retailers. I also assist our staff Content Manager, editing stories on behalf of our Osprey Athletes, Ambassadors, and other contributors while writing high-quality content pieces of my own to support the brand’s affinity marketing efforts.
Founder of ME&ER, LLC | December 2020 – Present
Founder of an independent creative agency serving small and scaling businesses with meaningful brand and communication strategies. I’m currently involved with brand developments, website redesigns, marketing/advertising strategy, copywriting, and audio/video production.
Creative Marketing Manager of Durango Joes Coffee | April 2018 – December 2020
Oversaw and delivered on all aspects of Durango Joes’ marketing materials, including social media, website, print/digital advertising, graphic design, videography, content strategy, campaign management, loyalty programs, PR, and more. Worked closely with the Leadership team to facilitate projects, brainstorm ideas, and collaborate.
- Redesigned website and increased online sales by 300%.
- Created, wrote for, hosted, and edited the Durango Joes Podcast.
- Helped establish an online LMS for barista training and led technical writing, script preparation, videography, and editing for its classes.
- Developed campaign strategy for product launches and advertising.
- Managed all aspects of product photography, signage, and graphic design.
- Regularly wrote newsletters & social media posts.
- Provided customer support and responded to feedback in a tactful and on-brand manner.
- Participated in annual Leadership Retreats for strategic planning.
- Led the development of the current Culture Values Document for the organization.
Content Director for 360Durango.com | September 2016 – March 2018
Worked with other local businesses to write directory listings that represented their business while delivering SEO results. Managed, edited, and produced multimedia editorial content.
- Worked with businesses to communicate their value.
- Participated in consulting with various clients.
- Wrote SEO-relevant copy for listings, websites, and brochures.
- Assisted with graphic design and photography.
- Managed a small team of content producers.
- Proofread and edited blog articles and social media posts.
- Produced video content for 360Durango and its clients.
- Wrote consistently high-quality articles and editorials for publication.
- Worked efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Editor in Chief of The Independent | August 2014 – December 2015
Started as an online reporter in 2012 and worked up to Editor in Chief before graduating. Built a strong personal foundation for news writing, storytelling, editing, content planning, and project management in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Created and managed an annual content calendar.
- Successfully managed teams of editors, reporters, and designers to meet tight deadlines for print and digital content.
- Worked closely with the financial director to budget and set advertising sales goals.
- Secured funding to travel to two SPJ Journalism Conferences, presenting at one.
- Oversaw the formation of the publication’s first video news team.
- Proofread, copy-edited, and provided design direction for print and digital publications.
- Technical Writing
- Strategic Communication
- Digital Graphic Design
- Brand Development
- Project Management
- Premier Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Climbing Rock & Ice
- Dog Ownership
- Board Games